You can also check the latest news.
- A trip to the Sept-Îles archipelago with its gannet colony.
- A rock like a moai in Trébeurden and piles of round stones in Île-Grande.
- An orange tip butterfly on pink flowers.
- Notre-Dame de Rumengol careening: day 1 & day 2.
- Bergère de Domrémy in Plougastel.
- A fox kit exploring a garden.
- An irregular cloud layer above Brest harbour.
- Air bubbles in the water of a vase.
- Sun piercing through grey clouds above the Goulet of Brest harbour.
- 4 new desktop wallpapers: frosted flower, dew drops on the grass, granite boulders and Aber Benoît mouth.
- On a thundery spring day, the mouth of aber Benoît, the aber going inland.
- An insect with fluffy antennas on a window pane.
- Bergère de Domrémy maintenance: painting and rigging, careening starboard and port side.
- Comb-like clouds just before sunset.
- A rectangular cat.
- A virga under a cloud above Brest harbour.
- Happy New Year!
- In Lilia, the Île Vierge lighthouse, big boulders on the coastal track.
- Minou beach waves.
- Winter morning: frosty leaves and flowers, dew drops.
- 3 new desktop wallpapers: sky reflected on water, raindrops on a grey sea and red grasshopper.
- Sailing aboard sinagots Les Trois Frères & Mab Er Guip in the Morbihan gulf.
- 7 new desktop wallpapers from the trip to the Iroise sea lighthouses.
- 3 new desktop wallpapers.
- Seen from my window: clouds pierced by light, rainbows and a light & dark sunset.
- Sailing aboard Bergère de Domrémy, we meet other boats, like La Mouette.
- A spiny cupule, thistle washed up on the beach and a mushroom by the sea.
- A pink and mauve bromeliad flower.
- Photos taken around Aber Wrac’h: île Vierge lighthouse lit-up, Wrac’h island during a king tide, Tromenec chapel.
- 5 new desktop wallpapers selected from the trip around Brittany.
- Sailing around Trébéron & Île des Morts islands aboard Bergère de Domrémy.
- Photos of a trip to the Iroise sea lighthouses aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–4: Créac’h lighthouse, Kéréon lighthouse and Le Four lighthouse.
- Desktop wallpapers are available in a new resolution for Android phones: 240x400.
- All the desktop wallpapers that can be framed vertically are available for mobile screens: for iPhone 5 640x1136, for Android phones 240x320, 480x854, 540x960, 720x1280.
- Photos of a trip to the Iroise sea lighthouses aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–3: La Jument lighthouse on a blue sky or grey sky backdrop, Nividic lighthouse.
- More desktop wallpapers for mobile screens: for iPhone 5 640x1136, for Android phones 240x320, 480x854, 540x960, 720x1280.
- Photos of a trip to the Iroise sea lighthouses aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–2: Les Pierres Noires lighthouse, sky reflected on water.
- New resolutions for some desktop wallpapers: for iPhone 5 640x1136, for Android phones240x320, 480x854, 540x960, 720x1280.
- Photos of a trip to the Iroise sea lighthouses aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–1: sunset in Le Conquet, from Le Conquet to Les Pierres Noires.
- A boat trip to the Île Vierge lighthouse, checking out the european shags roosting on rocks and buoys.
- New resolution for the desktop wallpapers: 2880x1800 (for MacBook Pro with retina display).
- Portzic lighthouse seen from aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol.
- Photos of a trip to the Scilly islands aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–3: leaving the Scilly and crossing the English Channel.
- Photos of a trip to the Scilly islands aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–2: walk on Bryher, mooring at sunset.
- Photos of a trip to the Scilly islands aboard Notre-Dame de Rumengol–1: Wolf rock lighthouse and arrival in the archipelago, mooring between Tresco & Bryher and fishing for shrimp.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–8: Grand Jardin lighthouse, Saint-Servan & Dinard, and arrival in Saint-Malo.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–7: Saint Helier harbour, Elizabeth castle and Saint Aubin’s bay.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–6: a common chiffchaff visits us, and we arrive in Jersey and enjoy the sunset.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–5: along the Sept-Îles, evening in the Tréguier river mouth ending with a sunset.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–4: Batz island lighthouse, cycling around the island, swan, ducks and coots and a sunset.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–3: Sein island in the fog, walking around the island, leaving for Aber Wrac’h.
- New desktop wallpaper resolution: desktop wallpapers for new iPad.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–2: Lesconil at sunrise, common dolphins swimming with the ship and emerging through bubbles, Sein island under clouds, Sein island lighthouse.
- Photos of a trip around Brittany aboard Lola of Skagen–1: starting from Lorient, sailing along the Glénan islands.
- 7 new desktop wallpaper from recently (and not so recently) published photos.
- Photos of a trip to Landerneau aboard Bergère de Domrémy: the flotilla going upriver, getting back down the Élorn river, at sunrise.
- Photos of a spotted flycatcher and swallows starting to leave the nest.
- Colours in the garden: red carnations, yellow chrysanthemum, a gatekeeper butterfly on blue hydrangeas, a yellow rose, pink flowers.
- Seen from my window: a whale on a mural and a cruise ship in the harbour.
- Photos of a day trip to Camaret aboard Bergère de Domrémy: in the Goulet, in Camaret, sailing back running downwind.
- Happy New Year!!
- Photos of the Portzic lighthouse and the Goulet in the fog.
- Photos of the distorted reflection of a harbour light.
- Photos of the reconstruction of the frigate Hermione in Rochefort: shipyard, outside of the ship and inside the ship.
- Photos of the transporter bridge in Rochefort.
- A trip from Brest to Le Havre–2: going through the Race of Alderney, the Marie-Fernand, a rainy sunset.
- A trip from Brest to Le Havre–1: an encounter with a bottlenose dolphin.
- On the quays in Brest harbour: the pilot cutter Marie-Fernand and a decoration on the hull of the Chien Vert sailboat.
- Photos in a garden: chives flowers, a red rose, a mauve clematis and a damselfly on a leaf.
- Photos of the Bergère de Domrémy’s mast during its restoration.
- Views from my window: pink sunset, La Recouvrance sailing in the harbour.
- Photos of a stay around Kerlouan–3: waves, common shelducks and an eurasian curlew in Brignogan beach.
- Photos of a stay around Kerlouan–2: waders, ducks and a goose on a pond, two common terns on a buoy and an old world swallowtail butterfly.
- Photos of a stay around Kerlouan–1: a calvary in the fog, a shelduck and a little egret, traces on the sand and a sunset over the Quillimadec river.
- Photos from a spring walk along the shore: intertwined tree trunks, a carpet of blue and yellow flowers, white flowers and small flies.
- Two rocks at the mouth of the Aber Wrac’h, La Malouine and La Pendante.
- Views from my window: orange sunset, fog patch, lights at sunrise, the sun piercing the clouds, haze at sunset and sunrise around the equinox.
- A view of Brest harbour.
- Photos of a sun halo above Brest trade harbour.
- Photos of the scallops dredging sloop Bergère de Domrémy: under the Albert–Louppe bridge, sailing to Camaret, and meeting La Recouvrance in the harbour.
- Photos of hop in bloom, a common brimstone butterfly & an insect on a window pane.
- Views from my window: orange sunrise, double rainbow, dramatic sunrise and a gradient of colours in the sky.
- Photos of the scallops dredging sloop Bergère de Domrémy in Brest trade harbour.
- Photos of a trip in the Iroise sea islands 4: Molène island, a sunset above Ouessant (Ushant) island, a periwinkle in a tidepool and a flock of swallows hunting insects, including 3 desktop wallpapers.
- Photos of a trip in the Iroise sea islands 3: flotsam and wreck, flowers and stones on the shore, and a sunset.
- Photos of a trip in the Iroise sea islands 2: landscapes of Quéménès and ships gathering seaweed.
- Photos of a trip in the Iroise sea islands 1: boat trip and arrival in Quéménès, including a desktop wallpaper.
- Photos of a rock and shrimp, of a goby and sea anemone in a tidepool, including 2 desktop wallpapers.
- 4 new desktop wallpapers.
- Photos of a bloody-nosed beetle and of the tall ship Fryderyk Chopin.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 12: the coast of the Crozon peninsula and back to Port-Rhu.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 11: the bisquines La Cancalaise and La Granvillaise.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 10: St Denys steam tugboat, steam-powered boats and sailing in Douarnenez bay.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 9: arrival in Douarnenez.
- New sizes for some desktop wallpapers.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 8: leaving Camaret, going trough Tas de Pois rocks and around Chèvre cape.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 7: Pen Duick III, Raz de Sein and Camaret.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 6: sunrise and squalls.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 5: Groix island and Glénan islands.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 4: Belle-Île-en-Mer coast and young northern gannets.
- Two new desktop wallpapers: Fisherman on the jetty & Sunrise on Lola.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 3: Belle-Île-en-Mer
- New sizes for the desktop wallpapers:
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 2: Les Sables-d’Olonne and Yeu island.
- Photos of a cruise from Oléron to Douarnenez 1: Oléron & Ré islands, Les Sables-d’Olonne.
- Photo of sea holly buds on a beach.
- Photos of a crab spider and its prey and of houseleek in bloom.
- Photos of a patch of fog at sunset in the Aber Wrac’h.
- Photos of a juvenile flatfish and of an old gaffer in the Aber Wrac’h.
- Photo of the Abeille Bourbon tugboat using its water cannon.
- Light from stained glass windows on a church floor.
Photos of a blooming tree.
- Photos of a tree fern unrolling its fronds.
- Seen from my window: colourful sails of ships on a regatta.
- Photos of the Petit Minou lighthouse on a clear day, with gannets fishing around it.
- Seen from my window: roiling clouds on a blue sky background.
- A panorama of Brest harbour seen from Maison Blanche.
- Photos of the Goulet narrows and of a pilot boat guiding a freighter.
- Photo of a grey squirrel on a tree.
- Photos of a trip on the river Thames, from Westminster to Greenwich.
- Photos of the fabulous steam engines in Kew Bridge Steam Museum.
- Seen from my window: the harbour under snow.
- Photos of Santec state forest and beach & dunes.
- Photos of splashes, including a desktop wallpaper.
- Photos of Batz island, its coves and horses by the sea, including a desktop wallpaper.
- 3 new desktop wallpapers: blue hydrangeas, reed plume and frozen rose.
- I’ve added new resolutions for some of the desktop wallpapers (480×800, 800×480, 1280×768, 1280×960, 1366×768, 1920×1080)
- Photo of a maze-like slice of red cabbage.
- Seen from my window: light shining from under the fog, winter sunrise & sunset.
- Photos of smooth stones in a rocky cove in Plouguerneau.
- Seen from my window: a layer of fog, sunlight spots and rays.
- Photos of the mont Saint-Michel during a spring tide.
- Photos of a vagrant darter dragonfly along the Aber Ildut, and a black, red and white caterpillar.
- Photos of a green lizard and a southern hawker dragonfly along the Aber Ildut.
- Photos of the Penfoul cove.
- Photos of a bee on a pink echinacea, of a red flower in the Plants page, of a sea anemone and of a peacock butterfly caterpillar in the Nature page.
- A linear cloud above the Goulet in Brest.
- Seen from my window: a pink sunset, a layer of fog and a squall cloud.
- Photos of shrubs and a pink rose caught by the frost.
- Photos of the mont Saint-Michel at night.
- Photos of the Granville harbour jetty at sunset.
- Photos of a blue tit and of Brent geese in winter.
- Boats moored at sunset in the Aber Wrac’h.
- Photos of a breakwater and seashells in Tressény bay.
- Photos of the Curnic pond and its reed beds in winter.
- Photos of the new Brest harbour marina at sunset.
- Photos of sculptures in the Rodin museum in Paris.
- Reflections on the canal Saint-Martin in Paris.
- Photos of texts & a cartoon character graffiti in a bunker.
- Photos of the Portzic lighthouse & Queen Mary 2.
- Photos of the Eiffel tower and of the Alexandre III bridge.
- Photo of a parisian sparrow on a table in a café.
- Photo of M. Chat along the saint Martin canal in Paris.
- Photo of the Louvre pyramid at night.
- Photo of the Sainte-Anne du Portzic cove in the mist.
- Photos of Saint-Guénolé, a Brest harbour scallops dredging sloop.
- Photos of islands in the Aber Wrac’h.
- Cranes in Brest trade harbour.
- Brest castle and Recouvrance bridge by night.
- Blue hydrangeas among backlit leaves.
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - end (various boats, Sodeb’O, night parade…).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 11 (Yawls, O’abandonado & Tina Husted, Vietnamese boats, fishing boats, various boats).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 10 (Constantia, Iris, Hendrika Bartelds, Wytske Eelkje & Zephyr, ensemble views, big boats, Baltic Beauty).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 9 (Cala Milló, Belle Étoile & Charles Marie, Jangadas & junks).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 8 (Lateen, Petrine & Jantje, Takeru, Swaensborgh, Zuiderzee & Sigandor, Moonbeam III, Lindheim Sunds, Matthew, various ships).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 7 (Saint-Guénolé & Ibis, Regina Maris, La Recouvrance, Britair, Foncia & Groupama2).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 6 (Jacob Meindert, Pedro Doncke, La Cancalaise, Viola, Vietnamese boats, ensemble view).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 5 (Catherina, Étoile Molène, Pen Duick, various small ships).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 4 (Anna Rogde, Lotos, Tecla, Freedom, Abel Tasman).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 3 (Kruzenshtern, Mircea, Cisne Branco, Le Renard, Earl of Pembroke, Kaskelot).
- Photos of the Brest 2008 ships - 2 (Corentin, Tara, Belle-Étoile, small colourful ships).
- First photos of the Brest 2008 ships (La Recouvrance, small ships and the vietnamese junk).
- Photos of the Pen Hir head.
- Photos of the Dinan castle.
- Lizards hiding in the grass.
- Flowers on the cliffs.
- Photos of the Lostmarc’h head and its megaliths.
- Red-billed choughs on a cliff.
- A little egret among green seaweed.
- Crossing Brest harbour on a misty morning.
- Two abandoned fishing boats crumbling down on a beach.
- Photos of the sailboat replica La Recouvrance.
- Snails on a wooden post.
- Spring grass in the sun.
- Worm tracks on a tree trunk.
- Flowers under a late spring snow.
- Silhouettes of cranes at sunset in Brest harbour.
- Stenciled creepy-crawlies on a bunker door.
- The site wakes up from its slumber and celebrates its 11th birthday with photos of the abbey of La Lucerne d’Outremer in Normandy.
- A graph of a green grunting monster in Brest train station.
- Clouds in line over the Goulet at sunset, available as desktop wallpaper.
- A red mushroom.
- A bullhead shark, banggai cardinalfish and seahorses in Océanopolis.
- Feeding time for the common seals in Océanopolis.
- Two yin-yang cats.
- White, pink and purple flowers: fuchsia, gaura, autumn sage and chrysanthemum.
- An orange lichen on a rock.
- The reflection of a branch in water.
- The coastal trail leading to Sainte-Anne duPortzic at sunset.
- Several nature shots: a bumblebee, a speckled wood butterfly, a green lizard, two common moorhen chicks.
- The Aber island, close to Morgat.
- On the Postolonnec beach, creased rock, a smooth stone (available as desktop wallpaper), and a huge rusty engine from the wreck of a trawler.
- The St Hernot head and its clear water.
- Photos of the Lostmarc’h head, including a desktop wallpaper.
- Photos of the Dinan castle, including a desktop wallpaper.
- Sun rays and clouds over Brest harbour.
- The entrance of Le Goulet on the sea side, with the Petit Minou lighthouse and beach.
- The end of the photos of the Roscanvel peninsula, with forts and cliffs.
- On the cliffs of Roscanvel, a teasel, a centaurea jacea, and a sheep’s bit.
- Photos of the Roscanvel peninsula, with its forts and outlooks.
- Photos of Brest harbour seen from the Albert–Louppe bridge.
- The photo of the gatekeeper butterfly on a daisy is available as a desktop wallpaper.
- A fern unwinding, a dragonfly and a gatekeeper butterfly.
- This year’s common seal baby and weird sand eels in Océanopolis.
- The Sant Pau del Camp romanesque monastery in Barcelona.
- The L’Eixample area and the Montjuïc cable car in Barcelona.
- Photos from the Casa Batlló housing building designed by Antoni Gaudì in Barcelona.
- Photos from the Sagrada Família temple, the basilica designed by Antoni Gaudì still under construction after more than a century.
- A small lizard.
- The Medes islands marine reserve.
- Two seagulls and a school of saupes seen underwater.
- The Plaça Reial in Barcelona.
- The Castell de Montjuïc and the view it gives on the harbour and city of Barcelona.
- A flower, gardens and a palm tree from Montjuïc hill in Barcelona.
- The Torre Calatrava telecommunication tower in Barcelona.
- Photos from the Montjuïc hill, the 1929 Universal Exhibition and 1992 Olympic Games park in Barcelona, including the Mies van der Rohe pavilion.
- Two numbered parakeets in Barcelona.
- Photos from the Ciutadella park, the 1888 Universal Exhibition park in Barcelona.
- Photos from El Barri Gòtic, the catalan gothic area in Barcelona.
- The park Güell, a garden designed by Antoni Gaudì in Barcelona.
- La Pedrera, a building designed by Antoni Gaudì in Barcelona.
- A silver dragon in the Jardin des Plantes of Paris.
- A red panda among the bamboo.
- Night photos of Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris.
- The egyptian and assyrian art collections of the Louvre museum.
- The medieval foundations under the Louvre museum.
- A vegetal wall and echeverias in bloom.
- The Eiffel tower and some outlooks it gives on Paris.
- The great cairn of Barnenez, a megalithic burial site.
- The Bertheaume fort.
- The lighthouse and the abbey in ruins in the pointe Saint Mathieu.
- Young swallows just out from the nest, and the arrival of their food.
- The Kerloas menhir close to Brest.
- A panorama of the Aber Wrac’h at sunset and two photos of the Île Vierge lighthouse.
- A wave splashing on rock and a cruise ship seen from Trégana beach.
- A starling, a sparrow and a blue tit on my balcony.
- Lagurus ovatus in the sun.
- Waders at high tide and sanderlings in flight.
- Little pink flowers on the coast.
- The pointe de la Torche, its kites and waves.
- Waves exploding on the Saint–Guénolé coast, including two desktop wallpapers.
- Views from the top of the Eckmühl lighthouse.
- Two great black-backed gulls fighting over food.
- At the southwestern tip of Brittany, the Kerity harbour and the Eckmühl lighthouse, with its steel lantern and 307 steps staircase.
- The reflection of a trawler and the rusty door of another trawler in the harbour of Loctudy.
- A pink rose.
- More sea birds: turnstones and an egret.
- Sea birds on the beach: a tern, a herring gull, a young great black-backed gull, sanderlings looking for food.
- I’ve played with the Google logo to celebrate the curiosity and exhaustiveness of this company: The Borg.
- “Somewhen” this month (I don’t remember the exact date), this website celebrates its 10th birthday. Drop me a line if you want to celebrate in Brest…
- Sydney Opera House and Bondi beach.
- An echeveria, with small plants and flowers.
- A masting crane and the sun in Brest downtown.
- Spring flowers: flowering currant, pear tree flowers, a flower carpet and daffodils.
- M. Chat on a sidewalk in Bourges.
- To celebrate its 75th birthday (it was opened on March 19th, 1932), several photos of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- The Spit bridge and a house in the northern part of Sydney harbour.
- More photos of blue tits on my balcony.
- Greenfinches and sparrows on my balcony.
- Thanks to a visitor of the site, a photo of M. Chat in Geneva.
- The Gap in Sydney harbour.
- A blue tit and a robin feeding on my balcony.
- Sun rays over le Goulet in Brest.
- Houses in Sydney harbour.
- A crane and a pontoon in Woolloomooloo bay.
- Circular Quay and details of Sydney Opera House.
- Sydney skyline at sunset, available as desktop wallpaper.
- A sunset in Camp Cove beach, in Sydney, available as desktop wallpaper.
- Sydney CBD at night, seen from a revolving restaurant.
- The Opera House and the silhouette of the Harbour Bridge seen from a ferry in Sydney harbour.
- Two photos of Sydney Opera House.
- Another page of my Australian travel diary, Cradle Mountain National Park and the road leading to Devonport.
- One more page of my Australian travel diary, Mount Field National Park and the west coast of Tasmania.
- A black currawong with its yellow piercing eye.
- Thanks to David Nelson, I have identified an insect I met in a garden.
- The end of the walk around the lake in Cradle mountain, in the rain, along a wooden path, among the moss, lichens and a few blooming banksia.
- The first photos of Cradle mountain, with its summit in the clouds, and of lake Dove, with the vegetation of its shores in the rain.
- A sunset over the arsenal of Brest, available as a desktop wallpaper.
- New photos of the common seals in Océanopolis, including the baby born this summer.
- European garden spiders, one hunting, the other waiting.
- A small movie of The sultan’s elephant & the little giantess.
- The second parade of The sultan’s elephant & the little giantess.
- The first parade of The sultan’s elephant & the little giantess.
- The end of the first morning of The sultan’s elephant & the little giantess.
- The start of my series of photos of The sultan’s elephant & the little giantess in Calais.
- A panorama of le Goulet in Brest harbour, its cliffs and forts.
- A canoe ride on lake Rosebery, a dam lake.
- Ocean beach, on the west coast of Tasmania.
- A veil of fog.
- Nelson falls.
- A green caterpillar.
- The panorama seen from Donaghy’s hill lookout.
- A blanket of fog in a field.
- An edible crab and some hermit crabs in a tide pool on the beach.
- During the same ride, we met dolphins and grey seals.
- During a sea ride outside of Brest harbour, we saw the pointe Saint-Mathieu from the sea and met the Amerigo Vespucci.
- The tall trees walk in Mount Field national park and its cascades.
- In Océanopolis, the common seals and their baby, tropical rays, a burrfish and a new photo of the lionfish.
- In a tide pool, a young fish and sea anemones.
- A european shag, hunting and drying in the sun in the Dalbosc cove.
- The Dalbosc cove.
- One page more of my Australian travel diary, cape Raoul and Hobart.
- Hobart by night: old buildings, including a pub, and a brick chimney.
- The sheoaks of cape Raoul and their fruits.
- End of the cape Raoul walk: the cliffs, the edge of the plateau and its jagged columns, clouds landing on the cape.
- Photos of Cape Raoul: the cliffs, the plateau and its reflection (available as a desktop wallpaper), and the adjacent capes.
- A porcupine fish and several other tropical fish in Océanopolis.
- A red lionfish, a bullhead shark and a sea robin in Océanopolis.
- A john dory and some gilt heads in Océanopolis.
- A gentoo penguin in Océanopolis.
- Common seals, including a recently born baby, in Océanopolis.
- An unidentified insect.
- A rose after the rain.
- Butterflies of the garden: a peacock butterfly and a small tortoiseshell, a red admiral, a swallowtail, a cabbage white, a brimstone and a tiger moth, and a hummingbird hawk-moth.
- A herring gull interested in my sandwich.
- The Men ruz lighthouse in Ploumanac’h is available as a desktop wallpaper, with new resolutions (1440×900 and 1680×1050). I’ve also added these resolutions for two recent desktops, the waves in Trégana and the white flowers, I’ll add these resolutions as time goes for the old desktops if the original images allow it.
- The pink granite blocks in Ploumanac’h, the customs footpath and the Men ruz lighthouse.
- A yellow rose at various stages during its bloom, and a succulent flower.
- Photos of the waves on Trégana beach including one available as desktop wallpaper.
- Pink and white star-shaped flowers growing on cliffs.
- Honeybees and other insects in a shrub with blue flowers.
- Goldfishes, a white and a yellow one, and a red, white and black one.
- A bumblebee exploring pink flowers.
- A gull in flight.
- A black cat enjoying the sun on a lawn.
- A green insect.
- Photos of magnolia, muscari, a bud with leaves.
- Very small white flowers available as desktop wallpaper.
- Pink flowers backlit or in the light, a daffodil, apple tree flowers.
- Tree buds against the blue sky.
- More rooms of the Challain castle: the chapel, the basement, the kitchen, a bedroom and the framework.
- Several rooms of the Challain castle: the dining room, the smoking-room, a library, a bedroom and some stuffed animals.
- The entrance and the staircase of the Challain castle.
- The Challain castle, its park and its pavilion.
- Berberis flowers and a robin.
- The big portal-crane and the castle of Brest.
- Not really a redesign of the site, just an incremental evolution…
- Photos of Brest harbour.
- Two graffitis, a guitar player (details) and another with a manga theme.
- A european shag and a meadow pipit in Brest harbour.
- With the arrival of a new digital camera, I’ve decided to publish my photos as I take them, we’ll see if I catch up one day (!) by also publishing my archives. As a start, hints of spring in the plants page, with buds, rosemary, narcissus and gorse flowers, and a ladybird.
- My favourite restaurants in Brest
- First photo of a series on Cape Raoul.
- A few photos of the Port Arthur penitentiary and one of the Wielangta forest.
- Photos of a black swan, a koala, two parrots and an eagle.
- Photos of kangaroos, and one of native hens.
- In the Jobs page, a new website for the Freediving Section of the GMAP diving club in Brest, which I’ve recently put online.
- Photos of Australian birds, galahs (cockatoos) and laughing kookaburra (kingfisher).
- Two photos of M. Chat in Nantes, sent by a visitor.
- Photos of wombats.
- A photo of a Tasmanian devil, photos of Cape Barren geese.
- Photos of echidnas and tawny frogmouth.
- The fifth page of my Australian travel diary, on the east coast of Tasmania and the Tasman peninsula.
- A fairy penguin.
- Photos of Freycinet National Park, including Wineglass bay and a panorama.
- Photos of Friendly Beaches, including desktop wallpaper available for download
- A new page about Tasmania, starting with photos from Launceston.
- The fourth page of my Australian travel diary, our first day in Tasmania.
- New M. Chat sightings by visitors.
- A third page of my Australian travel diary, including night photos.
- The last few days this site has moved (a change in the hosting provider), I hope this didn’t cause trouble. I leave my other sites at Ouvaton, their service is very good, but the many visits (thanks!) required a hosting package with more traffic.
- Second page of my Australian travel diary, with stories linked to the Narita page.
- A page about Asia, with photos of the Naritasan-Shinjoshi temples.
- First page of my 2003 Australian travel diary, with photos taken from the plane above Siberia.
- The Sillon de Bretagne, a high-rise Nantes.
- The castle of Fougères and its many towers.
- A grey heron on the banks of the Vilaine in Rennes.
- A pink sunrise in Rennes.
- A panorama of Rennes downtown at sunrise.
- A rainbow over Rennes downtown.
- Light rays in the mist.
- Perros–Guirec harbour coloured pink at sunrise.
- Christmas light games in Le Touquet.
- July 14th fireworks in Rennes.
- The Rochebonne beach in Saint-Malo on a winter day.
- Perros–Guirec harbour before sunrise.
- Les Horizons in Rennes in the mist.
- Two sunsets seen from my window, in the haze or under the clouds.
- The transatlantic wharf in Cherbourg turned into a sea-focused exhibition, the Cité de la Mer.
- A new page for Brest and its surroundings, with a few photos to start with, including ships and the harbour.
- A blue and pink sky just before sunrise, seen from my window.
- A panorama of the walled city of Saint-Malo.
- The facade of Les Horizons in Rennes.
- A grunting monster graffiti.
- Sunrises in Perros–Guirec harbour, one mauve (available as desktop wallpaper) and the other changing as time passes.
- Light games in Perros–Guirec harbour.
- Autumn sunrises in Rennes.
- Red moon and Rennes city lights.
- Summer sunrises in Rennes.
- Photos of the Ardennes wood.
- Dinard and its villas.
- The two Bés in Saint-Malo under a blue sky, and the fort National.
- A sunrise in Rennes, first orange and white, then orange, seen from my window.
- A wild carrot unfolding its flowers.
- The cathedral of Amiens lit-up and coloured by night.
- Reflexions and ripples on the beach.
- A black-headed gull and footprints in the sand.
- Golden clouds on the Opal coast.
- A misty sunrise in Rennes.
- An orange moon.
- Categories for the desktop wallpapers.
- Two new desktop wallpapers, a red and violet sky, and the lights in a tunnel.
- Rennes downtown by night.
- Sunset lights on Rennes buildings.
- Ships in Saint-Malo harbour.
- The two Bés in Saint-Malo.
- Photos of Fort La Latte.
- New photos of the pink granite coast, including the Sept-Îles and Perros–Guirec harbour under a white sun ray.
- A cormorant in the sun.
- A new page for the pink granite coast, with new photos to start a series.
- The curves of the facade of les Horizons.
- A seagull on a blue sky background.
- Blurred city lights.
- Mallard ducklings.
- Lights in the tunnel of the subway in Rennes.
- The canal and river in Rennes by night.
- Les Horizons by night.
- sun rays.
- Flower photos (primroses, heather and dandelion).
- Apple and quince blossom photos.
- A Corean pavilion in the Jardin d’Acclimatation.
- Paris Hôtel de Ville by night.
- Fluffy chicken.
- Photos of a swan.
- New M. Chat photos, one in the Montparnasse railway station, the other at the crossing of rue de Rennes and boulevard Raspail.
- Light games.
- Another graffiti of the boy with a helmet.
- An equinox sunset on the quais in Rennes.
- A graffiti of a boy with a helmet.
- A ground angle shot of the Horizons in Rennes.
- The sun emerges from under a cloud.
- A graffiti on a cycling lane.
- The sun lands on the horizon.
- Clouds in a windy sky.
- The rising moon.
- Update of the Jobs page.
- Moved to Brest.
- A red and violet sunset.
- Best wishes for 2005.
- A list of my favourite restaurants.
- An enamel fountain in the halles centrales (central market) in Rennes, and a black cat graffiti also in Rennes.
- A sunrise caught on the highway.
- The reflection of a sunrise.
- The end of the snowy photos series, with a Christmas feeling.
- Vegetation under snow.
- A M. Chat icon.
- A walk in unspoilt snow.
- Two photos of details caught after a snow fall: strange shapes of the snow on a grid, and the print of the wings of a bird.
- A snow desktop wallpaper.
- The first photos in a series about Jura in winter.
- Two desktop wallpapers featuring the M. Chat graffiti.
- Dinan harbour and medieval city.
- A sunrise.
- Photos of the Pouliguen harbour still water.
- A detail of the facade of the Saint Georges swimming pool.
- Two photos of Nantes, one of the Loire door of the castle, the other of the cathedral.
- A flaring sunrise over Perros–Guirec harbour.
- M. Chat in the Montparnasse train station: photo of a graffiti and kaleidoscope of details.
- New photos in the plants section: light rays, a spider and a cauliflower…
- The site map is now split in several small files.
- An orange crescent during a sunset.
- A sunrise over Perros–Guirec harbour.
- Two gargoyles.
- Three new mont Saint-Michel bay photos.
- Two new M. Chat from Nantes.
- A yellow sunset.
- A new image for the header of the photos style of the site.
- The sun casting the shadow of a cloud.
- A grey sky tinted with orange.
- A very red or orange sunset.
- A new quotation.
- Photos from l’Aber Wrac’h, including a panorama and a desktop wallpaper.
- A desktop wallpaper from the Belle-Île series, with reflections in the clear water.
- Photos taken in Trébeurden, the Milliau island, pink clouds and the Castel cape at dusk.
- All the desktop wallpapers are now available for a 1280×1024 resolution, I’ve added a a hint of the visitor’s preferences.
- The moon by day.
- The last photos of the Belle-Île series, with photos taken inland, including panoramas taken from the lighthouse.
- Zeppelin and Beluga photos taken at Le Bourget air show.
- 8 photos of the coastline of Belle-Île, creeks, cliffs, transparent or blue-green water…
- More Belle-Île photos with the Sauzon harbour.
- First photos of Belle-Île-en-Mer, the ferry leaving the harbour at night.
- In Niort, bronze dragons in s street, and a close-up of a waterfall (available as desktop wallpaper). Water photos taken along the Sèvre Niortaise.
- Multiple small sun rays shining through dark clouds.
- A little tree sucker fighting the asphalt.
- A Hector Guimard subway entrance detail.
- Four more M. Chat photos taken in the Montparnasse train station.
- Photos of green leaves rimmed with white.
- Modifications to the Blue Maze style.
- Two new M. Chat photos in the Montparnasse railway station in Paris.
- Photo of a sunrise over the highway.
- A silo by night desktop wallpaper.
- The last page of my Australian travel diary, 9 - Back in Sydney.
- A new template to export iPhoto galleries with a square thumbnails presentation.
- Half the desktop wallpapers are now available in 1280×1024.
- Photos of the Seine and Marne confluent during a flood.
- 7th and 8th pages of my Australian travel diary, 7–Aquarium and Uluru and 8–Red center, with photos of an emu in close-up, a barbecue in a red center station, of Uluru (one aerial, the other from the ground) and of Kata Tjuta (aerial view).
- An addition to my favourites: motion, be it dancing, freediving or monofin swimming.
- Update of the photo gallery BetterHTMLExport template (visual improvements, slideshow option, import of the custom tags in the BetterHTMLExport interface).
- Two more pages of my Australian travel diary: 5–Sydney harbour and 6–Mystery flight, with Gold Coast photos: beach, waves, jumping and smiling dolphins, views of The Rocks and Circular Quay seen from the Harbour Bridge.
- I’ve made changes on the grey photos CSS stylesheet, which is now used by default when you first visit the site. Tell me about any display glitches you might experience.
- I start putting my Australian travel diary online (1–Flying - 2–First days in Sydney - 3–Ferries and Art Gallery - 4–Penrith and Blue Mountains), with photos to illustrate it: the dry land of the Great Sandy Desert seen from a plane, Balmoral beach, a panorama seen from the Centerpoint tower (southeast, south, west, north and northeast), Rushcutters bay, the Chinese Garden of Friendship (dragon wall, waterfall, round, octagonal, archway-shaped openings), the Harbour Bridge, two ibis, Sydney hospital, a joey, two emus, two echidnas, some goannas.
- A beaming sunset shot at various stages (2, 3, 4), including one you can download as a desktop wallpaper.
- A blue washed out graph.
- A red sun.
- A close-up on the bark of a tree.
- Photos of the Carlsberg brewery in Copenhagen.
- Two photos of one of the Longchamps ponds in Rennes.
- A BetterHTMLExport template to export iPhoto galleries with a CSS layout.
- Photos of a passage in Copenhagen.
- A RSS feed is available to get news from this site, as well as explanation on how to use it.
- A graph desktop wallpaper.
- Buttons created with CSS.
- Copenhagen harbour.
A facade in Copenhagen.
The Blue Maze style of the site evolves.
The first Copenhagen photos.
A new sunset.
The St Georges swimming pool in Rennes.
A pillow book.
Two water photos.
A sad girl graph.
A new style called Dive! for the web site.
My first photos of the M. Chat graffiti.
A frozen desktop wallpaper.
Other photos of the Horizons building in Rennes.
A new photo page, about graffiti.
My CSS Zen Gardensubmission was accepted :)
Orange clouds you can download as a desktop wallpaper.
Perros–Guirec harbour under the clouds.
Misty morning roses photos.
Between September, ’98, and May, ’03, about 60 000 visits on the home page of the site.
Photos of the Menier chocolate factory in Noisiel.
A new Vilaine by night desktop wallpaper, a suggestion from a visitor: please ask for your favourite photos, it doesn’t go fast, but in the end it happens.
Photos of the Hambye abbey.
A water elevator in Folkestone.
A page about the accessibility and help of this site, and the features that go with it.
Photos of Ducey castle.
A new design for some of the pages.
Update of the jobs page.
A new page with photos of Kew Garden’s glasshouses.
Two new desktop wallpaper.
New photos of Donges in the Nocturnal page.
New links in the Favourite page.
The snowy photo of the Horizons was selected by the Bretagne.com website for its virtual exhibition "Brittany under the snow". It will remain there until February 2002.
New photos of Rennes and Amiens in the Architecture section.
The web site has moved to Ouvaton, a cooperative hosting service.
I took advantage of that to spend a lot of time brushing up the pages and adding captions to the photos. The site is now using CSS stylesheets for its layout (this redesign will slowly propagate to all the pages).
There’s also a desktop wallpaper page allowing quick access to all the photos I’ve turned into screen backgrounds.
More sky and sunset photos.
Kew Gardens’ Palm House.
Fred’s pages in the Favourites section (deleted).
New photos in the wasteland: Chimney (1 - 2), Awning, Water, Flaked-off concrete and steel, Structures, Long silo, Low angle, Hoppers, General view, Arcades.
A photo of Saint-Nazaire abandoned train station.
More water (tunnel and trees) and nocturnal (opera and Harbour Bridge) photos.
Photos of Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
More sky photos.
An update of the movie discoveries.
Photos of Kings Canyon.
Photos from the Blue Mountains.
Photos from Sydney harbour.
Photos from Sydney.
Liens utiles gave this site a Golden Link in December ’00
Here are the holidays, time to take care of the site:
New photos in Saint-Nazaire and Skies.
I found out that most of the scans I had were quite bad, so I rescanned most of the photos I had added between 1997-1999. Check this out, it’s a real improvement!
For those of you with bandwidth, there are more quicktime movies and mpgs: Mon Bestiaire Ordinaire, La Poste: Euro 2002.
New photos in Architecture, Water and Nocturnal.
A little bit of cleaning among the links, some were really outdated.
Kazaam! This very page is born.
I’ve also worked on the navigation among Quicktime VRs.
I added four Quicktime VRs of the wasteland, this could draw attention towards this otherwise “secret” place…
This site made it to the Wanadoo Top 10 in September 1998.
It was chosen among the 1998 Top 10 sites in January 1999.
Creation of the site.